Lofoten for family and friends
There are many possibilities for exploring Lofoten together with your family and friends. We have put together a package for up to 6 persons with accommodation in private lodge and rental car. The lodge is located at Hov on Gimsøy about midway between Svolvær and Leknes. Facing north and the ocean the light at Hov is perceived – be it midnight sun or northern lights – stronger than elsewhere. And what else to do when in Lofoten? Read on...
- Luxury standard lodge at Hov, Gimsøy (three bedrooms with private bathrooms, shared livingroom and kitchen) with breakfast, linnen, towels and end cleaning.
- Rental car VW Caravelle or similar with loss damage waiver (LDW), unlimited km, localtion surcharge, pick-up and drop-off at the same place, winter fee (November 1st - April 15th) and autopass equipment charge.
Each lodge has 3 bedrooms (with 2 separate beds), and each room has an en suite shower/WC and are sound proof (hotel standard). They also have a living room with a fireplace, kitchen and an outside terrace with a spectacular view to the north and open sea. The lodges are beautifully situated by Hov Beach, 1 km from Lofoten Links. For golfers and nature lovers, this is paradise!
Some of the top summer activities Lofoten has to offer:
- Viking tour on horseback. Viking Age trail and the Gimsøy Nature Reserve. Guided tours on Islandic horses.
- Boat trip and sea eagle safari to the narrow Trollfjorden in Raftsundet. Offered with both larger boats and RIB boats.
- Learn more about Lofoten at the Norwegian Fishing Village Museum at Å, in the fishing village Nusfjord and Storvågan (Lofoten Museum, Gallery Espolin and Lofoten Aquarium) in Kabelvåg.
- Lofotens prestine environment and deep fjords offer the perfect surroundings for kayaking.
- Safari by RIB boat to bird colonies, stone age cave paintings and the Moskstraumen malstrom.
- Diving or snorkeling. We recommend August and September for best visibility and temperatures.
- Golfing all day, and night in the midnight sun. Lofoten Links is a spectacular 18-hole links course.
- Visit Lofotr Viking Museum. Row the Viking ship and enjoy activities inside and outside the 83-meters long reconstructed building.
Some of the top winter activities Lofoten has to offer:
- Experience the northern lights from horseback, RIB boat or join a bus trip with an expert photo guide.
- Welcome to feast with the Vikings at Borg. Enjoy a delicious Viking meal, role play and ring dance at Lofotr Viking Museum.
- Fishing trip on board a real fishing boat and with local fishermen. Experience the main Lofoten fishing season. In Nusfjord maybe?
- Surfing at Unstad Surf Camp. Enjoy learning surfing in the arctic. The Atlantic ocean gives this surf destination world class waves.
- Visit Henningsvær, especially in the pre-christmas period. Buy local made christmas gifts or just get in the mood for the holiday season.
- Lofoten Nature Boat Safari including lecture on land first. Learn about nature, sea birds, marine mammals, Lofoten geology and climate.
- Experience the world championship in cod fishing, with over 600 participants and 70 boats. End of March / beginning of April - every year.
- Great dining! Enjoy local specialities, like grilled stockfish and Lofoten lamb. In February - March we recommend freshly caught Skrei (Arctic Cod).
How do you travel to Lofoten:
- Direct flight from Oslo airport (OSL), Bodø airport (BOO) and Tromsø airport (TOS) to Leknes airport (LKN) // Drive Leknes - Gimsøy about 48 km
- Direct flight from Oslo airport (OSL), Bodø airport (BOO) and Tromsø airport (TOS) to Svolvær airport (SVJ) // Drive Svolvær - Gimsøy about 46 km
- Direct flight from Oslo airport (OSL) to Evenes airport (EVE) // Drive Evenes - Gimsøy about 205 km
- Hurtigruten north bound from Bergen and Bodø to Stamsund // Drive Stamsund - Gimsøy about 47 km
- Hurtigruten south bound from Kirkenes and Tromsø to Svolvær // Drive Svolvær - Gimsøy about 41 km
Contact us for more information and booking:
Telephone +47 934 87 009